Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to expand sort function beyond 3 on excel

Hello;
I am working on an excel ( Office 2003 ) spread sheet to develope a golf
tournamant scoring sheet. One of the functions that I am trying to achieve is
to sort the gross and net scores in order. Currently I have a Macro set up to
sort the gross and net scores on two separate sheets. The problem is that
will over 100 golfers there are situations where several golfers can have the
same score so I have set up a three sort function where ties are broken by
looking at two different individual hole scores. Doing a test of the spread
sheet showed that some ties still exist so I want to expand the data sort
function beyond the excel default of three.
Any suggests would be greatly appreiciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Search XL help for 'sort' (w/o the quotes). One of the suggested topics is
"Sort a range." One of the sections it contains is "Sort rows by four
criteria (columns)"

You can extend that explanation to more than 4 criteria: Sort by the lowest
keys first. Then sort by the next high-order keys. Work your way to the
highest-order keys, which will be the last sort.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,