Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Capturing trendline parameters

When a linear trendline is added to a chart, the linear equation which best
fits the data can be displayed. It takes the traditional form of y=mx+b. Is
there any way to programatically capture the values of "m" and "b"?
--
Lon Sarnoff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For my enhancements to Dave Braden's code:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro.../msg/0eda30f29
434786d?hl=en&

To get the results directly in a worksheet:
Trendline Coefficients and Regression Analysis
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ti...efficients.htm

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
When a linear trendline is added to a chart, the linear equation which best
fits the data can be displayed. It takes the traditional form of y=mx+b. Is
there any way to programatically capture the values of "m" and "b"?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for your instructive article.

After I posted my inquiry, I realized that I had failed to find previous
threads because of a spelling error. Since then I have also found the SLOPE
and INTERCEPT functions which meet my immediate needs.

--
Lon Sarnoff