Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Capturing Date

I have tried writing a macro that would let me capture the date from my
computer and place it in cell D2. The captured day will be moved intact at
the end of the day

Is there a command that will let me do that?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=today() puts the current date as taken from your PC !
=now() is the same plus the time

Steve

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:39:45 +0100, Larry Fish via OfficeKB.com
<u27092@uwe wrote:

I have tried writing a macro that would let me capture the date from my
computer and place it in cell D2. The captured day will be moved intact
at
the end of the day

Is there a command that will let me do that?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The TODAY() and NOW() functions are volatile and will constantly
update. If you want the date to stick just hit ctrl+; for the date only.
If you want date and time hit ctrl+; space ctrl+shift+:

If you need it automatic then have a look here

HTH
Martin