Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Why Is The Macro Edit Button Disabled?

My company has an Excel spreadsheet containing a macro created by an employee
that is no longer with the company. We open the spreadsheet, get prompted
and select to Enable Macros. But when we go to ToolsMacroMacros, the only
buttons that are enabled for the macro are Run and Cancel. We'd like to edit
this macro. How do we reenable the Edit button?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It sounds like the macro in question has been protected by a password. You
don't say which version of Excel you are using but if you open the VBA editor
(ToolsMacroVisual Basic Editor) and try opening the relevent project,
you'll probably be prompted to enter the password. There are applications
available to help recovery of password protected VBA macros, a quick search
on the net will give you several examples