Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Textbox Format

Hi all,

I have a textbox on my userform and neeeeed it formatted. When the user
enters it I want them to enter a 10 digit number only but also have it
display a '-' in the middle of the number.

for example,

#####-##### (the textbox should always display the '-' in the middle of
the textbox. Is this possible? I have previously tried:

Code:
--------------------
txtPartno.Text = Format(txtPartno.Text, "#####-#####")
--------------------

but have had no joy, any help would be much appreciated.

Taa in advance!

--
gti_jobert
gti_jobert's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30634

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ian Ian is offline

Possibly not the most elegant method, but this will put a - immediately
after the 5th character in TextBox1

Private Sub TextBox1_Change()
If Len(TextBox1.Text) = 5 Then TextBox1.Text = TextBox1.Text & "-"

Ian
--
"gti_jobert" wrote
in message ...

Hi all,

I have a textbox on my userform and neeeeed it formatted. When the user
enters it I want them to enter a 10 digit number only but also have it
display a '-' in the middle of the number.

for example,

#####-##### (the textbox should always display the '-' in the middle of
the textbox. Is this possible? I have previously tried:

Code:
--------------------
txtPartno.Text = Format(txtPartno.Text, "#####-#####")
--------------------

but have had no joy, any help would be much appreciated.

Taa in advance!

--
gti_jobert
gti_jobert's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=502886

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi again,

Thanks for the promt reply! I have tried what you have suggested and
works quite well. I'm not sure if it can be done in VBA, but is there a
way of using an activex control to mask the textbox? I may have seen
somewhere on the web that it can be done in VB6?!

Does anyone know how to do it in VBA?

Thanks Again!

--
gti_jobert
gti_jobert's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30634
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=502886

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ian Ian is offline

I'm confused by your response as my suggestion IS in VBA.

--
Ian
--

Hi again,

Thanks for the promt reply! I have tried what you have suggested and
works quite well. I'm not sure if it can be done in VBA, but is there a
way of using an activex control to mask the textbox? I may have seen
somewhere on the web that it can be done in VB6?!

Does anyone know how to do it in VBA?

Thanks Again!

--
gti_jobert
gti_jobert's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=502886

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

gti_jobert wanted to know if he/she can mask the textbox so that the format can
be "built-in".

Excel's textboxes don't support this.

Ian wrote:

I'm confused by your response as my suggestion IS in VBA.

--
Ian
--
"gti_jobert" wrote
in message ...

Hi again,

Thanks for the promt reply! I have tried what you have suggested and
works quite well. I'm not sure if it can be done in VBA, but is there a
way of using an activex control to mask the textbox? I may have seen
somewhere on the web that it can be done in VB6?!

Does anyone know how to do it in VBA?

Thanks Again!

--
gti_jobert
gti_jobert's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=502886

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ian Ian is offline

Sorry, I didn't read the post properly.

--
Ian
--

Ian wrote:

I'm confused by your response as my suggestion IS in VBA.

--
Ian
--
"gti_jobert"
wrote
in message

Hi again,

Thanks for the promt reply! I have tried what you have suggested and
works quite well. I'm not sure if it can be done in VBA, but is there a
way of using an activex control to mask the textbox? I may have seen
somewhere on the web that it can be done in VB6?!

Does anyone know how to do it in VBA?

Thanks Again!

--
gti_jobert
gti_jobert's Profile:
View this thread:

Dave Peterson

TextBox format? Pas Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 April 25th 10 11:13 PM
TextBox format? AOU Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 June 12th 07 11:24 PM
TextBox Format grahammal Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 March 29th 06 01:35 PM
Textbox Format Paul Excel Programming 2 June 21st 05 10:27 AM
Format Textbox as % Todd Huttenstine[_2_] Excel Programming 2 December 15th 03 12:07 AM