Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AOU AOU is offline

Default TextBox format?

I have a linked a textbox with a cell which has a value in '[h]:mm'. I am not
able
to format the textbox to display the same value as the cell (ie '[h]:mm').
Can
anyone help?

--
AOU

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AOU AOU is offline

Thanks Bob,
But it`s not working. I get the initial figure come up but as it changes in
the cell, it does not change in the textbox. I dont know why!
--
AOU

"AOU" wrote in message
I have a linked a textbox with a cell which has a value in '[h]:mm'. I am
not
able
to format the textbox to display the same value as the cell (ie '[h]:mm').
Can
anyone help?

--
AOU

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a linked a textbox with a cell which has a value in '[h]:mm'. I am
not
able
to format the textbox to display the same value as the cell (ie '[h]:mm').
Can
anyone help?

--
AOU

Do this:

1) Put 12:34 in Cell A1 and format it however you see fit
2) create a textbox by clicking the textbox tool and drawing the
textbox rectangle with your mouse pointer
3) go to the formula bar and type in "=A1" and press ENTER.

Your text box is now linked to cell A1 and will update accordingly.
Format and all.
This works across tabs and across workbooks.

Brian Herbert Withun