Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default #If #else #endif

Hello,

I have to protect a worksheet. The kind of protection must depend on the
excel-version, because I have several customers with different versions of
Office.
First I tried with if-else-endif, but got a runtime error with O 2000,
because the "AllowFormatting" is not available in O 2000.
Then I tried with the #if-#else-#endif condition, but this doesn't work.

I tried:

Ver = CCur(Application.Version)
#If Ver = 10 Then
pwTab.Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True, _
Password:=Pw, _
AllowFormattingColumns:=True, _
AllowFormattingCells:=True
#Else
pwTab.Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True, _
Password:=Pw
#End If

Then I read the help and it says I have to use a special constant #const,
but how should I get the "Application.Version" into a constant?

Carl-Rainer Zeiss
EDV System-Beratungen
Lohrgasse 11, D-60389 Frankfurt
Tel: +49 69 90478774
Fax: +49 1212 66666111222
Mail:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Carl-Rainer,

Your conditional compilation code works without problem for me.

What error do you encounter?

---
Regards,
Norman

"Carl-Rainer Zeiss" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To the best of my knowledge, compiler constants can't be defined on variable
information.

There are no built in compiler constants that will distinguish between
xl2000, xl2002 and xl2003

Tom Ogilvy

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello,

I am using O 2003
Ver gets 110 (from "1.10")
Problem is: the Code jumps directly to the #else-condition