Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Carl-Rainer Zeiss Carl-Rainer Zeiss is offline

Default #If #else #endif

Hello,

I have to protect a worksheet. The kind of protection must depend on the
excel-version, because I have several customers with different versions of
Office.
First I tried with if-else-endif, but got a runtime error with O 2000,
because the "AllowFormatting" is not available in O 2000.
Then I tried with the #if-#else-#endif condition, but this doesn't work.

I tried:

Ver = CCur(Application.Version)
#If Ver = 10 Then
pwTab.Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True, _
Password:=Pw, _
AllowFormattingColumns:=True, _
AllowFormattingCells:=True
#Else
pwTab.Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True, _
Password:=Pw
#End If

Then I read the help and it says I have to use a special constant #const,
but how should I get the "Application.Version" into a constant?

Carl-Rainer Zeiss
EDV System-Beratungen
Lohrgasse 11, D-60389 Frankfurt
Tel: +49 69 90478774