Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Project Properties

Hello All,

I'm working with an XL07 workbook that includes VBA and macros. I'
using a module to protect all of the sh in the workbook in ThisWorkboo
on _Open, _NewSheet, and _Close events. Also, some macros withi
specific sheets use the module ProtectSheets() to ensure that th
calculations within the sh are not exposed when the macro is run.

The problem that I'm having is that the VBA "password" is visible t
the client upon opening VBEditor. I've tried protecting the "projec
properties" with a password in VBEditor and enabling the "Lock projec
for viewing" option, but then the client cannot save the workbook.

The MsgBox error that displays for the client is "You cannot save t
this file format when the VBA project is protected. You may unprotec
the VBA project by choosing the Properties command on the Visual Basi
Editor's Tools menu, and entering the password for the activ
project."

I have looked at the option in Project Properties for Conditiona
Compilation Arguments, but I cannot figure out if this is how t
approach this issue. Also, I have to set the option for "Lock projec
for viewing" to hide the code containing the actual password for th
workbook / worksheets.

Please assist as you are able or help direct me to the most appropriat
resource to resolve this issue.

I can provide code if my post is not clear enough.

Many thanks

--
dipitiduda
dipitiduda2's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m76