Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default HELP!!! Advanced Filtering to another Worksheet

I have a Master List and I have made 4 separate worksheets for each of the
criteria fields I need to access.

WksMaster
WksA=apples
WksB=bananas
WksC=grapes
WksD=unknown

I've been trying to use the Advanced Filter to copy from the WksMaster to
WksA all rows that contain "apples" in column A.

I can't get it to work.

Please help me with this feature it is trying to make me crazy.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Sondra

Try
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

Maybe
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm#existing

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Sondra" wrote in message ...
I have a Master List and I have made 4 separate worksheets for each of the
criteria fields I need to access.

WksMaster
WksA=apples
WksB=bananas
WksC=grapes
WksD=unknown

I've been trying to use the Advanced Filter to copy from the WksMaster to
WksA all rows that contain "apples" in column A.

I can't get it to work.

Please help me with this feature it is trying to make me crazy.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron:

I've printed out all your instructions and I've been able to create the
Advanced Filter within the current worksheet, but I'm having troubles still.

1. I can't get it to go to a new worksheet
2. I haven't a clue how to write a macro without recording as I go
3. I want this button to be a macro that the user pushes, it runs the macro
and the user is now on the correct worksheet; i.e., apples, or bananas, etc.

Please advise.

"Sondra" wrote in message ...
I have a Master List and I have made 4 separate worksheets for each of the
criteria fields I need to access.

WksMaster
WksA=apples
WksB=bananas
WksC=grapes
WksD=unknown

I've been trying to use the Advanced Filter to copy from the WksMaster to
WksA all rows that contain "apples" in column A.

I can't get it to work.

Please help me with this feature it is trying to make me crazy.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Sondra

If I understand you correct this maco will work for you
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm#existing

You only have to change the sheet name in the code

Is this working for you or not ?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Sondra" wrote in message ...
I have a Master List and I have made 4 separate worksheets for each of the
criteria fields I need to access.

WksMaster
WksA=apples
WksB=bananas
WksC=grapes
WksD=unknown

I've been trying to use the Advanced Filter to copy from the WksMaster to
WksA all rows that contain "apples" in column A.

I can't get it to work.

Please help me with this feature it is trying to make me crazy.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

from my notes
=================
normally when you do advance filter you cannot copy the filtered data to
another sheet. as the other sheet is not activesheet. you can get over this

you make sheet 2 as activesheet. choose an empty cell in sheet2. then click
data-advance filter. the data range and criteris range you go to sheet1 and
choose the ranges. everytime you finish selecing it will come back to sheet2
because that is the activesheet.
now click <copy to another location and now choose any cell in sheet2
the filtered data is copied to sheet2 though database and criteria are in
sheet1.

If you want only two (or some) columns in the filtered data to be written in
the new location type the heading of the two columns in sheet2. now when
indicating the <the new location choose both the headings cells in sheet2
and then click ok, ok.

see url
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs

courtesy: Ms Debra Dalgleish