Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Linking Excel template and spreadsheet in separate workbooks

Hello,

I have a blank template that is used for Purchase Orders. Once completed, it
is renamed and saved under a specific job folder. I would like to link this
template to an Order Entry Log (as it is called) so I have a running list of
items ordered. The Purchase Order template and the Order Entry Log are in
separate workbooks.

I found that just by copying the selected fields and then Edit/Paste
Special/Paste Links that it does work. However, once the blank template is
renamed - I have to manually create the links each time I use the blank
template.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? (I don't have a lot of programming
experience).

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Shan

Why don't you run a macro when you need the information
http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Shan" wrote in message ...
Hello,

I have a blank template that is used for Purchase Orders. Once completed, it
is renamed and saved under a specific job folder. I would like to link this
template to an Order Entry Log (as it is called) so I have a running list of
items ordered. The Purchase Order template and the Order Entry Log are in
separate workbooks.

I found that just by copying the selected fields and then Edit/Paste
Special/Paste Links that it does work. However, once the blank template is
renamed - I have to manually create the links each time I use the blank
template.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? (I don't have a lot of programming
experience).

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your response. It seems a bit advanced for what I am trying to do
I think, but I appreciate it nonetheless. I will keep working with it to see
if I can get it to work.