Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newuser

Default how do I get separate workbooks in separate windows

Excel 2003 is putting all open workbooks as separate windows inside one
container. How do I make it work the way Excel 2000 did?: each workbook
gets it's own container. I do not want separate instances of Excel.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, but no, I am not having a problem with the taskbar. I can get
multiple workbooks to show in the taskbar, either grouped or ungrouped.

When you open two Word documents, they each have their own container
with their own menu selection and toolbar selection. They do not appear
as two document windows within one larger container window. I want my
Excel 2003 to act like Word does, and like Excel used to before I
upgraded to XP and Office 2003.

John

John Collins wrote:
Excel 2003 is putting all open workbooks as separate windows inside one
container. How do I make it work the way Excel 2000 did?: each workbook
gets it's own container. I do not want separate instances of Excel.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel and Word are different programs with different interfaces.

There isn't a difference between the way xl2k and xl2003 works for this
feature. My bet is that you really did have multiple instances of excel running
in xl2k.