Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Renaming folders and changing links accordingly

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I will give it
a go.

I work in a fairly large office with a shared drive where we all save
spreadsheets and they all link to each other. Some bright spark years ago
decided to name one of the main folders after the manager at the time. Now a
new manager has taken over and naturally wants to get rid of the reference to
the old one.

Unfortunately there are hundreds upon thousands of spreadsheets within this
folder, as well as hundreds upon thousands of sub folders. The current folder
is called "Business Solutions - PJS" with the initials being the manager's
initials.

Can I write a macro (or anything) that will go through and change the links
to just "Business Solutions" after we rename the folder.

Really hoping somebody can help otherwise it is going to be rather time
consuming.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I haven't used this utility myself, but Bill Manville has written a links
utility called FindLink. You can get it at
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm.

This is the bit that might help you ... Optionally the utility will list
the occurrences, list and delete (replacing with values where appropriate),
or ask you what to do with each occurrence

--
HTH

Bob Phillips