Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Get the reference from a referenced cell

Hi

Sheet2!A1 has the value "a"
Sheet2!B1 has the value "b"

Sheet1!A1 has the formula "=Sheet2!A1" which will display "a"
In Sheet1!B1 I want to display "b" by doing an Offset on the referenced link
in cell Sheet1!A1. In Sheet1!B1 formula I want to write something like
"=Offset(XXX, 0, 1)". What do I write instead of XXX ?

Regards
/Niklas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How about using this in A1 of Sheet1:

=INDEX(Sheet2!1:1,COLUMNS($A:A))

And then just drag (copy) across to reference Row1 of Sheet2?
--

HTH,

RD