Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Return Results of a cell based on cell referenced in a cell

I am trying to write a formula that will return the results of a cell based
on cell coordinates (including sheet where located and cell within that sheet
(column and row)). Is anyone aware of how to do this?

Thanks,
--
Drew
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=INDEX(Sheet1!A1:J10,5,5)
returns contents from 5th row 5th column of array Sheet1!A1:J10

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Drew" wrote:

I am trying to write a formula that will return the results of a cell based
on cell coordinates (including sheet where located and cell within that sheet
(column and row)). Is anyone aware of how to do this?

Thanks,
--
Drew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Drew wrote:
I am trying to write a formula that will return the results of a cell based
on cell coordinates (including sheet where located and cell within that sheet
(column and row)). Is anyone aware of how to do this?

Thanks,

Does this help?

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions05.html
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I should have provided more detail. Within my spreadsheet, I have one cell
that refers to a tab (Store 1) and another cell that refers to the cell
within that tab where the data that I want to return resides (c10). Is there
a formula that I can use that will return the information that I want by
referencing the two cells where the tab and cell information resides? i.e.
=index(c9 (tab data), c10 (cell data to return within that tab).

Thanks,
--
Drew

"Drew" wrote:

I am trying to write a formula that will return the results of a cell based
on cell coordinates (including sheet where located and cell within that sheet
(column and row)). Is anyone aware of how to do this?

Thanks,
--
Drew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions