Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
WDR WDR is offline

Default What's the best solution to accomplish this?

Based upon my situation below what is the best way to export records located
in a sheet to an Access format?

In my situation, there are multiple users (out in the field & not connected
via LAN) that have a copy of the same stand alone spreadsheet file. The
excel file has three sheets: one for data entry, another that formats the
data into a report and the other which formats the same data into a record
format which I want to export to Access. There will be approximately six
records created daily by five users (30 new records daily).

My vision is that I want this routine to create an export file for each
person. Each person will invoke this routine at the end of the day and then
they will email the
resulting export file to the office. All records will be deleted in the
Excel sheet. The office secretary will then run a different routine on the
Access side to import each file into Access. Access will then maintain these
records.

If you have a better solution or any pointers in the right direction will be
gratefully received!

-Warren

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have the user export the file as a CSV file, then import it into Access.

Worksheets(3).Copy
Activeworkbook.SaveAs Thisworkbook.Path & "\" & "Bob_" _
format(date,"yyyymmdd") & ".csv", xlCSV
ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False

Tom Ogilvy

"WDR" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
WDR WDR is offline

Thanks Tom. Does it matter that the data in the sheet is within a certain
range? I don't want to export the whole sheet, just a range. If so, what do
I need to do? If it matters, some of the fields are in paragraph form and I
am using Excel 2000.

"WDR" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The excel file has three sheets: one for data entry, another that formats
the
data into a report and the [[other which formats the same data into a

record
format which I want to export to Access. ]]

The obvious answer it to use your macro to build the sheet to support the
import into access. If you have fields in paragraph format, then CSV might
not be the way to go. Access can also import an excel spreadsheet.

Tom Ogilvy

"WDR" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
WDR WDR is offline

Thanks again. I'll modify the export sheet to include only the data. If CSV
files are not suggested, what else whould I try? Emailing the excel file is
out of the question - too confusing for the users.
-Warren