Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I accomplish this?

Column A-G: Each column represents a day of the week. Each cell would
represent a scheduling spot, say 1-12= 12 spots
Column H blank
Column I = Names of employees
Column J-P = each day of the week
As an employee is placed in a spot in columns A-G, I would like an X to
apear next to the employees name for each day scheduled.

Example: If employee in row 1 is scheduled for day A,B,C, an "x" would apear
column J,K,L on the row as the employees name

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In J1: =IF(NOT(ISBLANK(A1)),"x","")

Fill to the right and down as needed.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"scheduler" wrote:

Column A-G: Each column represents a day of the week. Each cell would
represent a scheduling spot, say 1-12= 12 spots
Column H blank
Column I = Names of employees
Column J-P = each day of the week
As an employee is placed in a spot in columns A-G, I would like an X to
apear next to the employees name for each day scheduled.

Example: If employee in row 1 is scheduled for day A,B,C, an "x" would apear
column J,K,L on the row as the employees name

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What designates a scheduling spot?

All you need is in J1 to add

=IF(A1="spot","x","")