Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Grouping into a Tab

Hey There!!

O.k. I have a Excel sheet that is grouped by 3 things (Year, State,
Type) in that order. This creates 4 numbers on the left hand side for
grouping with the + and - Symbol.

As there are hundreds of year, state, and type combination I am trying
to create macro to seperate each group into a tab. In effect I would
get a tab that would have this name
=Year & "_" & State & "_" & Type. In the Tab would be the data for
that group. So on and so on until there were no more groups.

Does anyone have any idea how to do this, or if this is possible. If
so you get a gold star :)

Thanks,

TheYellowDart

--
TheYellowDart
TheYellowDart's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26549

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

TYD,

Couple of possibilities...
1. Copy the visible cells to the new worksheet.
2. Use the AutoFilter - only the visible cells are copied in a filtered range.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"TheYellowDart" wrote
Hey There!!
O.k. I have a Excel sheet that is grouped by 3 things (Year, State,
Type) in that order. This creates 4 numbers on the left hand side for
grouping with the + and - Symbol.

As there are hundreds of year, state, and type combination I am trying
to create macro to seperate each group into a tab. In effect I would
get a tab that would have this name
=Year & "_" & State & "_" & Type. In the Tab would be the data for
that group. So on and so on until there were no more groups.

Does anyone have any idea how to do this, or if this is possible. If
so you get a gold star :)
Thanks,
TheYellowDart
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Toppers Wrote:
Can you post an example of the data layout?

Yes sorry for not placing one in before. I am aware that I can do thi
manually; however, as there are hundreds of possibilities I was hopin
to do it using code. In addition I will need to reproduce it.

Please see the attached sample testdata.zip. Using this sample th
first tab would be 1995_CA_Type1. The next would be 1995_AZ_Type2, th
next would be 1995_AZ_Type3. So on and so forth.

Thanks again for the help! This one is tricky.

"TheYellowDart" wrote:

[...]

View this thread

Yes sorry for not placing one in before. I am aware that I can do thi
manually; however, as there are hundreds of possibilities I was hopin
to do it using code. In addition I will need to reproduce it.

Please see the attached sample testdata.zip. Using this sample th
first tab would be 1995_CA_Type1. The next would be 1995_AZ_Type2, th
next would be 1995_AZ_Type3. So on and so forth.

Thanks again for the help

|Filename: testdata.zip
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4224

TheYellowDar