Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dan dan is offline

Default To sum by grouping

Col A has the following:
A1 - XXX
A2-YYY
A3-ZZZ
A4-XXX
A5-CCC
A6-YYY
B1 to B6 has dates in the date format. I want to sum Col B (to find out the
days lapsed) for XXX, YYY, ZZZ etc....
I sorted col A but do not know the formula to do the above. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe this array formula** :

=MAX(IF(A1:A6="xxx",B1:B6))-MIN(IF(A1:A6="xxx",B1:B6))

key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP