Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default local security policies

I am trying to use visual studio 2003 and office(excel) 2003 to write some
..NET code. I was wondering if there is a way to deploy the excel sheet
without modifying the local security policies on each end users desktop?
Currently we are using VBA to do most of our custom functions but I wanted to
see if we could use the robust coding features in .NET. The issue I am
having is that the end users will not have administrative privilages on their
machine. Does anyone know if visual studio 2005 might be another way to go?
From my first investigation, it looks a lot like 2003 for developing in
office but has a nicer deployment packaging tool. Any help would be great.

My ultimate gool is to have Excel using .NET being deployed from Sharepoint
without any modificatioins being done on the end users' side.

Thanks,

Todd

Local references Strd M 37 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 June 17th 08 03:51 PM
I need a template to track insurance policies brwnkitty Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 August 4th 06 02:44 PM
Local elections D New Users to Excel 1 November 13th 05 05:00 AM
Language of the local PC Patrick Fredin Excel Programming 1 June 7th 05 03:55 PM
Reference styles and local/non-local formulae - international problems. Alan Howells[_2_] Excel Programming 2 February 24th 04 09:52 AM