Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Error using VSTO and ImportXml when cell is being edited

Using: Excel 2003 Professional with VSTO.

I have a problem attaching an XML document to a ListObject in Excel
when one of the cells in that List is currently being edited. The List
has columns mapped to an XmlMap. Here's what the user is doing:

- User clicks into the List to edit a cell any types "Hello".
- Without clicking another cell, the user clicks a menu option.
- That menu option causes an XmlMap.ImportXml to occur on that List:

Dim map As Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.XmlMap =
ThisWorkbook.XmlMaps(MapName)
map.PreserveNumberFormatting = True
map.AdjustColumnWidth = False
map.PreserveColumnFilter = True
map.ImportXml(someXml)

The error is : Exception from HRESULT : 0x800A03EC

The net result is that if the user was typing in "Hello", the cell
becomes populated with the value "Hello+B:Bf"

If I select another cell in the code just before running the ImportXml,
I just get the same problem in that cell, even if the cell is not in
the List.

Spooky.
Any ideas?

Cheers,