Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Useform Cascading Like the Solitaire Cards when I try to move it

Excel 2003

I have a userform I'am showing.

It is Modal...

If I try to drag the form around. It starts to look like it is cascading and
paiting the screen.
Much like the cards do on the screen after you win in Solitaire.

Anyway to stop this ...?

Thanks
fordraiders
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GB GB is offline

Yes, in your application, prior to allowing the user to interact with the
form, include the line:

application.Screenupdating = true

This will cause/allow the background to be updated whenever the form is
moved or a "hidden" portion of the screen becomes available.

I would have that just before displaying the form, and then set it to false
just after closing the form with the following caveat. One reason to set
screenupdating to false is so that the computer can more quickly make changes
to the worksheet without going through the hassle of updating the screen. Of
course this prevents the user from seeing each and every revision being made
to the worksheet, but if you are revising a large number of cells, it's
faster with it set to false. Remember to set it back to true prior to
finishing your code, otherwise the screen will not update even for simple
scrolling.