Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default the macro don't execute

I wrote a code of macros in the VBA and it does not execute automatically
when I give a manual command to it execute, the macro functions normally but
it never functions with the update of a cell of excel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is ALWAYS useful to post your code here for comments. Do NOT attach a
workbook.
Maybe calculation is set to manual?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"robson soares" <robson
wrote in message
I wrote a code of macros in the VBA and it does not execute automatically
when I give a manual command to it execute, the macro functions normally
but
it never functions with the update of a cell of excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

for an overview of events at Chip Pearson's site.

Sounds like you want to use the Change event or the Calculate event.

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()

End Sub

Properly structured and located, these can be useful with the situation you
describe.

Tom Ogilvy

"robson soares" <robson wrote in message
I wrote a code of macros in the VBA and it does not execute automatically
when I give a manual command to it execute, the macro functions normally

but
it never functions with the update of a cell of excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

it follows below my macro:

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()

Dim col1
Dim col2
Dim col3
Dim lin

lin = 13
col1 = 8
col2 = 12
col3 = 13

For lin = 13 To 2057

If Cells(lin, col1) = 1 And Cells(lin, col3) = 0 Then
Cells(lin, col3) = 1
Cells(lin, col2) = Now()
End If

If Cells(lin, col1) = 0 Then
Cells(lin, col3) = 0
Cells(lin, col2) = ""
End If

If Cells(lin, col1 + 1) = 1 And Cells(lin, col3 + 2) = 0 Then
Cells(lin, col3 + 2) = 1
Cells(lin, col2 + 2) = Now()
End If

If Cells(lin, col1 + 1) = 0 Then
Cells(lin, col3 + 2) = 0
Cells(lin, col2 + 2) = ""
End If

If Cells(lin, col1) = 1 And Cells(lin, col1 + 1) = 1 Then
Cells(lin, 11) = Abs(Cells(lin, 14) - Cells(lin, 12))
Else
Cells(lin, 11) = ""
End If

Next

End Sub

"Tom Ogilvy" escreveu:

for an overview of events at Chip Pearson's site.

Sounds like you want to use the Change event or the Calculate event.

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()

End Sub

Properly structured and located, these can be useful with the situation you
describe.

Tom Ogilvy

"robson soares" <robson wrote in message
I wrote a code of macros in the VBA and it does not execute automatically
when I give a manual command to it execute, the macro functions normally

but
it never functions with the update of a cell of excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Did you right click on the sheet tab and select view code, then place that
code in the resulting module.

Are Events Enabled?

Run code like

sub MakeitRun()