Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing Background Colour Based on Cell Contents

Firstly a bit of background. I have a report which is run from a seperate
database to determine candidates who have not been contacted for more than
six weeks. I export the results of the report into excel and run a macro to
delete uneccessary information, and to "pretty up" the spreadsheet.

Information on the spreadsheet is calculated with a formula which is input
bu the macro, and determines the number of weeks since the candidates were
last contacted, i.e. =(today()-b3)/7, in column E. I was wondering whether
it was possible to edit the code to determine how long it has been since the
cadidate was last contacted, and based on that, colour the cell either, red,
yellow or green.

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Sukh,

Try using Excel's Conditional Format feature.

If you are not familiar with this feature, see Debra Dalgleish at:

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

---
Regards,
Norman

"Sukh" wrote in message
Firstly a bit of background. I have a report which is run from a seperate
database to determine candidates who have not been contacted for more than
six weeks. I export the results of the report into excel and run a macro
delete uneccessary information, and to "pretty up" the spreadsheet.

Information on the spreadsheet is calculated with a formula which is input
bu the macro, and determines the number of weeks since the candidates were
last contacted, i.e. =(today()-b3)/7, in column E. I was wondering
whether
it was possible to edit the code to determine how long it has been since
the
cadidate was last contacted, and based on that, colour the cell either,
red,
yellow or green.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming