Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
WDR WDR is offline

Default How do you Export Excel data permanently to Access

How do I export a range of data which is in a row/column format (i.e.,
row=record, column=field) in Sheet3 to a file that can then be easily
imported to an Access table? Please point me in the right direction on the
best way to do this. Thanks
I am using Excel 2000 & Access 2000

FURTHER DESCRIPTION OF MY CURRENT SITUATION:
I have an Excel file that my field techs enter data and print customer
reports from. The file contains multiple sheets. Sheet1 is the data entry
form. Sheet2 is the report then print which uses the data in Sheet1. Then,
before the next job, I have a routine that the techs invoke that clears the
input sheet (Sheet1) and saves the data into a row/column format in Sheet3
(some of the data in these fields are in paragragh format).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi WDR,

See Ole P. Erlandsen's suggestions at:

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...badacexportado

---
Regards,
Norman

"WDR" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
WDR WDR is offline

This helps a little.
The access table I want to import to will not be on the techs' computer but
rather on a system back at the office. I need to ability to create a file on
the tech's laptop that will contain the data I exported from excel. The tech
will then email that file to the office. Then the office will then invoke a
procedure (in Access I assume) to import that file into Access. Also, note
there are multiple techs in the filed that will be sending a file to the
office daily.
Thanks,
-Warren (WDR)