Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2003 addins don't automatically open

I've just moved from Excel 2000 to 2003 and have a few minor issues. I
have a addin i've written (thanks to John Walkenbach books) which all
works fine.

In Excel 2003 I have security set to low and trust all installed
addins and templates ticked. Under the addins menu I browse to my
addin, its appears as normal and works fine.

However when I close Excel and reopen it does not appear to open. It
have its own commandbar which autoopens and put a menu between Windows
and help in excel menu bar but that does not appear. In previous
versions of execl it would auto open once installed. It does not
appear in the VBA Editor projects list as would have happened on Excel
2000. Checking the addins list it appears and its ticked so Excel
thinks its installed but it does appear to have actually opened it.

I've tried this on a couple of XP + Excel 2003 PC with the same
result. I'm clearly missing something as this all worked on Excel 97
and 2000, install addin, close excel, open excel and the addin is
present.

Please advise
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it's not in the list of projects in the VBE then it's not open. Any
add-in loading automatically through Tools, Add-ins should appear as an
"OPENx" item in the registry under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\E xcel\Options

You might check that if you're familiar with the RegEdit program (Start-Run
"Rededit.exe" [no quotes]).

Does it set its menu when you open it manually? I'm sure it does. How
about removing it from Tools, Add-ins and just moving it to your XLSTART
folder? That's what I do with my personal add-ins.

--
Jim