Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007, Automatically open new worksheet on open.

When I currently open Excel 2007, Excel automatically opens PERSONAL.XLSB.

I want Excel to automatically open a new sheet instead, (like it used to).
Is there any way to do this while still having the macros in PERSONAL.XLSB
available?
I've located the file at ...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART, but if
I remove the file the macros are no longer available.

Using windows 7 ultimate.

Side note:
I generally start working on the spreadsheet that opens up, and it doesn't
occur to me to save as a different file since I use quick save shortcuts
(Ctrl-S). I have added macros to PERSONAL.XLSB, and don't want to remove
them. I don't want to have to Close the file and open a new one every time I
start, as I get distracted easily and lose my ideas.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sub OpenFileInNewWorkbook()
Dim XLApp As Excel.Application
Dim XLBook As Excel.Workbook
Set XLApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
XLApp.Visible = True
XLApp.Quit'leave out if you want the workbook still opened
Set XLBook = Nothing
Set XLApp = Nothing
End Sub

"jkmyoung" wrote:

When I currently open Excel 2007, Excel automatically opens PERSONAL.XLSB.

I want Excel to automatically open a new sheet instead, (like it used to).
Is there any way to do this while still having the macros in PERSONAL.XLSB
available?
I've located the file at ...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART, but if
I remove the file the macros are no longer available.

Using windows 7 ultimate.

Side note:
I generally start working on the spreadsheet that opens up, and it doesn't
occur to me to save as a different file since I use quick save shortcuts
(Ctrl-S). I have added macros to PERSONAL.XLSB, and don't want to remove
them. I don't want to have to Close the file and open a new one every time I
start, as I get distracted easily and lose my ideas.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hide your Personal workbook (as in, open the file, and under Windows menu,
hide workbook). Save.

Now when you statup XL, the personal workbook will open-up only in the
background.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"jkmyoung" wrote in message
When I currently open Excel 2007, Excel automatically opens PERSONAL.XLSB.

I want Excel to automatically open a new sheet instead, (like it used to).
Is there any way to do this while still having the macros in PERSONAL.XLSB
available?
I've located the file at ...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART, but
if
I remove the file the macros are no longer available.

Using windows 7 ultimate.

Side note:
I generally start working on the spreadsheet that opens up, and it doesn't
occur to me to save as a different file since I use quick save shortcuts
(Ctrl-S). I have added macros to PERSONAL.XLSB, and don't want to remove
them. I don't want to have to Close the file and open a new one every time
start, as I get distracted easily and lose my ideas.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes! Thank you Luke M

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...ksheet-on-open