Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how many Fridays in a specific month in Excel

I need to be able to produce a number represneting the amount of times a
specific day occurs in any given month. Thanks fo any help in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this:
A1: (Enter Any Date)
B1: (Enter a number from 1 to 7)
Note: 1=Sun, 2=Mon, 3=Tue, etc....7=Sat

C1: =SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(A1-1+ROW($A$1:INDEX(A:A,DAY(EOMONTH(A1,0)))))=B1))
That formula returns the count of days of the type referenced in B1 there
are in the month including the value in A1.

Example:
A1: 2/1/2006
B1: 2 (Monday)
C1: returns 4