Elliot

Default Make an Excel series of first and third fridays of each month?

I am Using Excel 2000. I want to be able to create an arbitrary series of
dates and extend that by dragging the series across a years worth of cells.
For example, I enter the first and third fraiday's of January, then drag that
out to December to create a series of the first and third fridays of every
month.
Frans van Zelm

Hi Elliot,

By trial and error I found that every 1st and 3rd xxxday of every month
follow
the interval sequence of (beginning on the first xxxday in jan 2005) is:
01-dd-2005 (your first xxxday)
first 14 days (your third xxxday)
then 21 days (the first xxx, next month)
next 5 times 14 days
again 21, 5 times 24, ...
So 14-21-14-14-14-14-14-21
Or 2-3-2-2-2-2-2-3 * 7

You copy through the 14-14-14-14-14-21 sequence by using <Ctr-drag the
fill handle. Then use formulas to create the dates.

I know this is not full proof. Starting with 01-01-2005, you will get
12-21-2005
in the sequence because a year has 365 days i.s.o. 364 (# * 14). Things go
wrong when you try to find every 2nd and 4th. And it will break in the first
leap
year to come: 2008.

Still I hope this helped a bit. It puzzles me and I would be in favor of
"Captains
log, star date 3563542,889" ... decimal dates.

Frans