Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Testing Range to see if value in another Range

Looking for a way to do something like
{=if( or(a1:d1=$h$1:$j$1),"ok","help")}

Basically in cells a1 thru d1 I have

red blue orange yellow and I want to see if the color pink, purple or
yellow is in that range so in cells h1 thru j1 I have
pink purple yellow

I tried entering it as an array formula (shift enter) but the formula
result is #N/A

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andrew V. Romero

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, does anyone have any ideas why when I attempt to post a message
at work to the excel newsgroup, it seems to take hours (in this case 12
hours) before it shows up? I ended up with duplicate post because I
posted the original at 10:30am and checked at 10pm and it still wasn't
there.

-Andrew