Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automatically Update Cells bases on another workbook.

I looked at all the posting regarding update and could find no solution to my
quest.

I have two workbooks open,
1. MastedSum.xls
2. DailySums.xls

MasterSum has references to cells in DailySums, when I change cells in
DailySums I would like MasterSum to reflect those changes immeditly after
entry. I don't even mind having a Macro Button to press to update MasterSum.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

thomas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As far as I know, if you have '=[Book1]Sheet1!$A$1' in Cell A1 of
Sheet1 in Book2 then the changes will be reflected when it changes.

Have you definitely got 'Automatic' selected in
Tools-Options-Calculation. If it is manual, use F9 to calculate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thom -

below is from another post i did.
you could also just use a link formula (e.g.,
=c:\data\[mybook.xls]sheet1!$a$1)
or you couls just put both worksheets in the same workbook

cheers - voodooJoe

Sub c()
srcpath = "C:\SFADB"
srcbook = "random.xls"
srcsheet = "R1"

aydes = Array("c1:c6", "d1:d6", "e1:e6")
aysource = Array("$A$5:$A$10", "$b$5:$b$10", "$b$5:$b$10")

Set wsdes = Sheet

For i = LBound(aydes) To UBound(aydes)
With wsdes.Range(aydes(i))
.FormulaArray = "='" & srcpath & "\[" & srcbook & "]" & srcsheet &
"'!" & aysource(i)
.Copy
.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
End With