Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
LU LU is offline

Default Can't programmatically set a large array string to a range.

Hi in my Excel VBA code, I assign a 2D array to a range to display the data.
Sometimes the string contained in one of the array cells will exceed 911
characteres. Right now in Excel 2003 whenever the string length exceeds 911
characters it causes a run-time error. I found this knowledge base article:
You may receive a "Run-time error 1004" error message when you
programmatically set a large array string to a range in Excel 2003 (Article
ID : 818808) about the issue but its work around of not having more than 911
characters is not acceptable in our case since we have to support more than
911 characters. Since the problem is known in Aug 2004, I was wondering if
there has been a patch or update or something solution that would resolve the
problem? Thanks.