Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Autofilter Pulldown

Sorry, I think I should have posted this here to start.

Any way to get an Autofilter pulldown to display as a scrolling list?

Thanks,

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks. I've been reading up, and I think what I really want is a list box
that functions like an autofilter pull-down. It just displays 10 lines or so
at a time and has a scroll bar. Anyone know how to assign autofilter behavior
to a list box?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

There are no configurable aspects to an autofilter pulldown.

Tom Ogilvy

"daveroblit" wrote in message
Sorry, I think I should have posted this here to start.

Any way to get an Autofilter pulldown to display as a scrolling list?

Thanks,

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, interesting . . . have to think of what I could make of it.

Actually, what I'm looking to do is to edit my music file tags in excel by
mimicking the iTunes interface with the three "browser" list boxes (Genre,
Artist, Album) above, and the full columns and rows below. If you make no
choices (the default at the top of each list box is All), every song in the
library is listed in the rows and columns below.

As you move from left to right in the "browser" list boxes, each selection
you make filters the choices available in the next list box. For example,
choosing Rock under Genre filters out Jazz, Classical, etc., Artists, leaving
only Rock Artists and Rock Albums. (It also shows only Rock songs in the rows
and columns below.) Clicking a Rock Artist's name in the second list box
shows only his albums in the Albums list box, and his songs in the rows
below. Finally, clicking a specific album in the Album list box displays only
that album's songs in the bottom rows and columns.

I'm actually looking to hire someone to do this . . . if you are interested,
or can you recommend someone?

Thanks,

Dave

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

There are no configurable aspects to an autofilter pulldown.

Tom Ogilvy

"daveroblit" wrote in message
Sorry, I think I should have posted this here to start.

Any way to get an Autofilter pulldown to display as a scrolling list?

Thanks,

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

But this is already provided by the the autofilter. the only difference is
you have to click the dropdown to see the choices. At the same time, you
can look at the database/rows themselves for the complete picture - once you
get genre, artist and album, only the songs should be displayed below.

I haven't seen iTunes, but if you can't see the genre, artist and album in
the list below, you could reproduce that by hiding those columns and
interacting with listboxes as you describe (but the listboxes would be
setting conditions in the hidden autofilter dropdowns or using the advanced
filter criteria).

If I did it, I would just be applying an autofilter and using John's code to
populate the Listboxes.

If you want to send me your file and a description of what you want it to
look like/operate, I will take a look.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

There are no configurable aspects to an autofilter pulldown.

Tom Ogilvy

"daveroblit" wrote in message
Sorry, I think I should have posted this here to start.

Any way to get an Autofilter pulldown to display as a scrolling

list?

Thanks,

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I put up some screenshots and explanations:

http://dmp3digital.com/excel.htm

Dave

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

There are no configurable aspects to an autofilter pulldown.

Tom Ogilvy

"daveroblit" wrote in message
Sorry, I think I should have posted this here to start.

Any way to get an Autofilter pulldown to display as a scrolling

list?

Thanks,

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Similar to what I envisioned at least in concept.

If there are 55 artists, then 33 Albums seems suspect.

That would indicate that all the artists are not included in the database?