Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default repeated end(xldown)

i have to write
activecell.end(xldown).end(xldown).end(xldown).sel ect

is there easier way of writing this repeated functions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I you're trying to select the last non-blank cell in the column then this
would work:

Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp).Select

ht,

Doug

"R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote in message
i have to write
activecell.end(xldown).end(xldown).end(xldown).sel ect

is there easier way of writing this repeated functions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks.
that is not the last non blank cell but i have to come down to a particular
cell which needs end(xldonw) 2 or 3 times.
is there something like
<end(xldown)(2)
if know this gives me some other cell i.e. gives me
end(xldown).offset(1,0)

my data is
1
2
3
(two blank cells)

4
5
6
I want to go to 4
<range("a1").end(xldown).end(xldown).select gives 4

"Doug Glancy" wrote in message
I you're trying to select the last non-blank cell in the column then this
would work:

Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp).Select

ht,

Doug

"R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote in message
i have to write
activecell.end(xldown).end(xldown).end(xldown).sel ect

is there easier way of writing this repeated functions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is it always the next cell after the first two blank cells, but the row can
be different? If so, I think your solution is as good as any. You could
also do something like:

Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(3).Select

but it looks like you've thought of something like that. I need a better
description of the pattern.

hth,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you could just loop the number of times you need:

dim HowMany as long
dim iCtr as long
dim DestCell as Range

howmany = 3

set destcell = range("a1")

for ictr = 1 to howmany
set destcell = destcell.end(xldown)
next ictr

msgbox destcell.address

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could wrap what Dave is suggesting in a function:

Sub test()
repeated_downs(ActiveCell, 3).Select
End Sub

Function repeated_downs(startcell As Range, howmany As Long) As Range
Dim destcell As Range
Dim ictr As Long

Set destcell = startcell
For ictr = 1 To howmany