Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] venkat1926@yahoo.com is offline

Default repeated end(xldown)

thanks for your patience.
the number of blank cells is variable after first set of non blank
cells.

Doug Glancy wrote:
Is it always the next cell after the first two blank cells, but the row can
be different? If so, I think your solution is as good as any. You could
also do something like:

Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(3).Select

but it looks like you've thought of something like that. I need a better
description of the pattern.

hth,

Doug

"R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote in message
thanks.
that is not the last non blank cell but i have to come down to a
particular
cell which needs end(xldonw) 2 or 3 times.
is there something like
<end(xldown)(2)
if know this gives me some other cell i.e. gives me
end(xldown).offset(1,0)

my data is
1
2
3
(two blank cells)

4
5
6
I want to go to 4
<range("a1").end(xldown).end(xldown).select gives 4

"Doug Glancy" wrote in message
I you're trying to select the last non-blank cell in the column then this
would work:

Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp).Select

ht,

Doug

"R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote in message
i have to write
activecell.end(xldown).end(xldown).end(xldown).sel ect

is there easier way of writing this repeated functions.