Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DataForm.Show does not work in code

Hello all
I am trying to have the Data Form show upon a click of a button so that a
list can be updated, but the codes below do not seem to work.
Is it possible to have the ready made Form in Data Form
pop up with a code?

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
frmDataForm.Show
End Sub

Thanks a bunch in advance

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
How is code started form the button?

Use the Forms toolbar, select a button, place button in your worksheet and
assign your macro (READY) to it.

Click the button and the form should appear.

HTH

"ufo_pilot" wrote:

Hello all
I am trying to have the Data Form show upon a click of a button so that a
list can be updated, but the codes below do not seem to work.
Is it possible to have the ready made Form in Data Form
pop up with a code?

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
frmDataForm.Show
End Sub

Thanks a bunch in advance

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The name on the Form is 'Update'
tried it with the name:

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
frmUpdate.Show
End Sub

here the error is 438 - Object doesn't support this property or method

Sub Macro3()'
Range("AS1").Select
ActiveSheet.frmUpdateVisible , True
End Sub

???? I'm trying to edit both codes to see which one gives me what I want
first...
Thanks for your help.

"ufo_pilot" wrote:

Hello all
I am trying to have the Data Form show upon a click of a button so that a
list can be updated, but the codes below do not seem to work.
Is it possible to have the ready made Form in Data Form
pop up with a code?

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
frmDataForm.Show
End Sub

Thanks a bunch in advance

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub Macro3()
Range("AS1").Select
UpDaTe.Show <========
End Sub

Everytime I type Update, it changes to UpDaTe

??? why is that, I found a code which was named UpDaTe, and deleted it but
it still does that change.

"ufo_pilot" wrote:

Hello all
I am trying to have the Data Form show upon a click of a button so that a
list can be updated, but the codes below do not seem to work.
Is it possible to have the ready made Form in Data Form
pop up with a code?

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
frmDataForm.Show
End Sub

Thanks a bunch in advance

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Update is reserved word so rename your form to "frmUpdate".

If you want, post your workbook to me - - and
I'll look at it offline.

"ufo_pilot" wrote:

Hello all
I am trying to have the Data Form show upon a click of a button so that a
list can be updated, but the codes below do not seem to work.
Is it possible to have the ready made Form in Data Form
pop up with a code?

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
frmDataForm.Show
End Sub

Thanks a bunch in advance

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").CurrentRegion.Name = "Database"
frmDataForm.Show

Tom Ogilvy

"ufo_pilot" wrote:

Hello all
I am trying to have the Data Form show upon a click of a

button so that a
list can be updated, but the codes below do not seem to work.
Is it possible to have the ready made Form in Data Form
pop up with a code?

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
frmDataForm.Show
End Sub

Thanks a bunch in advance

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey, Guys
I think your input on this forum is just awsome, I have had so much positive
help from here, that it spurs me on to learn all this macro / VBA stuff
cheers.
Petra ( not from Blue Peter either...)

"ufo_pilot" wrote:

Hello all
I am trying to have the Data Form show upon a click of a button

so that a
list can be updated, but the codes below do not seem to work.
Is it possible to have the ready made Form in Data Form
pop up with a code?

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
frmDataForm.Show
End Sub

Thanks a bunch in advance

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

THIS ONE WORKS!!!!!!
I've played around with it, but for some reason, this one does it.
Thanks for all your help.

Sub ShowForm()
Range("AS1").Select
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm
End Sub

"ufo_pilot" wrote:

Hello all
I am trying to have the Data Form show upon a click of a button so that a
list can be updated, but the codes below do not seem to work.
Is it possible to have the ready made Form in Data Form
pop up with a code?

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
frmDataForm.Show
End Sub

Thanks a bunch in advance

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I misread his code and assumed he was trying to use the Data = Form
command. based on his lastest post, that is apparently what he is doing,
but used the wrong command. (which I missed). My answer should have been

Sub ready()
Activesheet.Range("AS1").CurrentRegion.Name = "Database"
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm

Tom Ogilvy

"ufo_pilot" wrote:

Hello all
I am trying to have the Data Form show upon a click of a

button
so that a
list can be updated, but the codes below do not seem to

work.
Is it possible to have the ready made Form in Data Form
pop up with a code?

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
frmDataForm.Show
End Sub

Thanks a bunch in advance

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm

Running Standard Module Code from Dataform Jim May Excel Programming 1 September 29th 05 04:08 PM
How to activate "New" tab in Dataform through VB Code shajueasow Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 May 1st 05 01:15 PM
Dataform Mark Excel Programming 3 February 14th 05 12:59 PM
dataform Enrique Bustamante Excel Programming 1 August 26th 04 01:30 PM
VBA code to show a save as dialog does not work Kevin Excel Programming 4 November 17th 03 08:36 AM