Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding cells that meet certain criteria

in Y1
=SUM(IF(A1:X10,A1:X1))
in Z1
=SUM(IF(A1:X1<0,A1:X1))

NOTE: after entering the formulas you must hold down both the Shift and Ctrl
keys at the same time, then press Enter (Ctrl+Shift+Enter). You will see the
formula in curly braces if you do it correctly. This gives you an "array
formula" to calclulate on the whole range.

{=SUM(IF(A1:X10,A1:X1))}

"PattiP" wrote:

I have a row of 24 numbers, A1:X1. I would like Y1 to SUM only those cells
if they have negative numbers in them and Z1 to SUM only those cells that
have positive numbers. Thanks!
--
Patti