Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Importing CSV into Excel sometimes truncates text at 256 characters

Hi,

I've written a small VB application to convert a CSV file into an Excel
file but some fields in the resulting Excel file seem to be truncated
at 256 characters while others aren't.

This also happens if I import the file into Excel manually.

Does anyone know how I can work around this?

Thanks in advance, let me know if you need any more information..

Steven Davies

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Importing CSV into Excel sometimes truncates text at 256 character

Hi Steven,

Have you figure out how to solve your problem yet? I hope you did.
I need to code the same as you right now. Need to build an Excel add-in
that convert csv or txt file to excel. Can have a look in your code to have
an idea how it work?

Thanks!

AQ