Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA code to send a system message?

I am using Office 2003 on Windows XP.

Could someone please post example VBA code or script to send a system
message to user(s)? - Or point me to a web site that may help. This would be
extremely helpful when Oulook is down.

Thanks much in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not exactly sure what you mean by a system message ... so could be two
possibilities: email or a message box.

Look into these:

CDO.Message (send email)
MsgBox (popup a dialog box to the user)

BBB

"quartz" wrote in message
I am using Office 2003 on Windows XP.

Could someone please post example VBA code or script to send a system
message to user(s)? - Or point me to a web site that may help. This would

be
extremely helpful when Oulook is down.

Thanks much in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the reply, but actually, it's neither email nor a message box.

There is a method to send a system popup message to users on a network if
you know their computer name - without using an email system. It is great
whenever your email system is down. That is what I'm after...any ideas?

"quartz" wrote in message
I am using Office 2003 on Windows XP.

Could someone please post example VBA code or script to send a system
message to user(s)? - Or point me to a web site that may help. This would

be
extremely helpful when Oulook is down.

Thanks much in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use Shell and
Net Send ComputerName Msg

or
Net Send * Msg

Tom Ogilvy

"quartz" wrote in message
I am using Office 2003 on Windows XP.

Could someone please post example VBA code or script to send a system
message to user(s)? - Or point me to a web site that may help. This

would
be
extremely helpful when Oulook is down.

Thanks much in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks again Tom.
Do I need to reference a Shell library then?

The VBE isn't recognizing "Net Send"...

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Use Shell and
Net Send ComputerName Msg

or
Net Send * Msg

Tom Ogilvy

"quartz" wrote in message
I am using Office 2003 on Windows XP.

Could someone please post example VBA code or script to send a system
message to user(s)? - Or point me to a web site that may help. This

would
be
extremely helpful when Oulook is down.

Thanks much in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

VBA has its own Shell command. Look at VBA's help for more info.

quartz wrote:

Thanks again Tom.
Do I need to reference a Shell library then?

The VBE isn't recognizing "Net Send"...

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Use Shell and
Net Send ComputerName Msg