Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Error Message: Not enough system resources to display completely.

When using Excel, I receive an error message telling me that there is not
enough system resources to display completely. Anyone have any idea what this
means and what I can do to correct it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

It might mean you need more RAM in the computer. Try opening the file on a
computer with more RAM than yours, and see if you get the same message.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Natalie" wrote:

When using Excel, I receive an error message telling me that there is not
enough system resources to display completely. Anyone have any idea what this
means and what I can do to correct it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Error Message: Not enough system resources to display complete

My computer is fairly new with 512MB of Ram. Does excel require that much ram
to run properly? I don't think RAM is an issue.

"Natalie" wrote:

When using Excel, I receive an error message telling me that there is not
enough system resources to display completely. Anyone have any idea what this
means and what I can do to correct it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How much RAM is the rest of the computer using? Open up the task manager by
right clicking on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Natalie" wrote:

When using Excel, I receive an error message telling me that there is not
enough system resources to display completely. Anyone have any idea what this
means and what I can do to correct it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you've changed the zoom factor to something besides 100%, try changing it
back to 100%.

Sometimes that helps.

Natalie wrote:

When using Excel, I receive an error message telling me that there is not
enough system resources to display completely. Anyone have any idea what this
means and what I can do to correct it?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Bob is offline

I have the same problem plus slow block copy, white screens when I try to use
excel (2003, 2002). Block deletes take up to 15 minutes at times. Task
manager shows I'm using 50-60% of memory, not much in page files, not much
kernel. Some files that previously worked won't open. I've tried this on
several computers and it doesn't seem to be affected by RAM. It does it with
512 mb, 2048 mb or 2560 mb. Doesn't seem to be affected by the CPU.
Admittedly I use big and rather complex files, but the problem seems to be
getting worse. I've tried to turn undo off for some of this, doing my
darndest to keep the clipboard free of junk. Usually end up saving files and
rebooting. Sometimes that seems to help.

Other than going back to an old copy of Quattro Pro, a vastly superior
spreadsheet compared to Excel, any ideas on how to make this thing work
better?

"Natalie" wrote:

ok, I'll try that, thanks.

Natalie wrote:

When using Excel, I receive an error message telling me that there is not
enough system resources to display completely. Anyone have any idea what this
means and what I can do to correct it?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Turn calculation to manual. Do the deletes. Reset calculation to its original
state.

Bob wrote:

[...]

"Natalie" wrote:

ok, I'll try that, thanks.

Natalie wrote:

When using Excel, I receive an error message telling me that there is not
enough system resources to display completely. Anyone have any idea what this
means and what I can do to correct it?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MEO MEO is offline

I seem to be getting this message only since Excel 2000 SP 3 Rev B was
installed on my machine. I have a listbox that generates a hyperlink address
(to a cell on a different sheet but in the same workbook) and I get the
message when I try to execute the hyperlink. Workbook is large with 20+
sheets. Got lots of RAM and free space.

Bob wrote:

[...]

"Natalie" wrote:

ok, I'll try that, thanks.

Natalie wrote:

When using Excel, I receive an error message telling me that there is not
enough system resources to display completely. Anyone have any idea what this
means and what I can do to correct it?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't have a guess.

Bob wrote:

[...]

"Natalie" wrote:

ok, I'll try that, thanks.

Natalie wrote:

When using Excel, I receive an error message telling me that there is not
enough system resources to display completely. Anyone have any idea what this
means and what I can do to correct it?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

I would try the file on another computer.....if the problem goes with the
file, it's located within the file, if not, then the trouble lies with your
install of Excel.........perhaps doing a System Restore to a point before
where you "upgraded" will lose the problem.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Bob wrote:

[...]

"Natalie" wrote:

ok, I'll try that, thanks.

Natalie wrote:

When using Excel, I receive an error message telling me that there is not
enough system resources to display completely. Anyone have any idea what this
means and what I can do to correct it?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This thread has gone unanswered, besides the suggestion to be zoomed at 100%
at all times while working in Excel, which is somewhat ridiculous, if even a
fix at all. I was hoping for a better fix from Microsoft, or at least an
acknowledgement that there is some kind of memory issue here.

I specifically get the "Not enough resources to display" error quite often
in Excel 2007 (SP1), usually when working with charts. It is especially
common when using the Series Editor to choose or change chart data sources
graphically (using the mouse to select the desired range within a worksheet).
The graphics get all screwed up, fields smear, and I feel like I'm back in a
Windows 3.11 memory crash.

I can usually manage to Esc out, save the file, and re-open, though
particular files have an especially recurring problem, to the point where I
have to enter all Series ranges by hand when working with the charts. I was
hoping SP1 would fix this, but it hasn't.

This is a fresh install, no add-ons, SP1, machine with plenty of free memory
and resources at the times of the crashes.

-Daniel

"Natalie" wrote:

When using Excel, I receive an error message telling me that there is not
enough system resources to display completely. Anyone have any idea what this
means and what I can do to correct it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am new to googlegroups so if this all comes out wrong the next post
should be OK :o)

Daniel,

Have you found a solution to this problem. I am having the same.

We have a series of cleint machines, brand new, new profiles new
everything. 2Gb Ram, 50GB HDD space free, dual core 1.6Ghz
processors
and Excel errors with:

Microsoft Office Excel
Not enough system resources to display completely

This also occurs on older PC's with excessive amounts of RAM and HDD
space. I have noticed this is reproducable when trying to save the
spreadsheets. Some spreadsheets are more complex than others but
even
on basic spreadsheets there are problems. All the machines have
office 2007 SP1 installed, actually one does not and experiences the
same problem.
I was wondering if this was network related but after a days
researching I am inclined to think this is a Micorosoft problem, this
problem seems to have occured with every version of office from 2000
onwards.

Any ideas, when i have come across more I will be back, this is
driving me nuts and it seems to be happening to quite a few people
but
with no fixes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

If Screen Resolution is low on the computers experiencing this problem, try
increasing it..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Screen resolution is high, and no, there has been NO SOLUTION to this
problem. I agree that the problem crops up both in large/complex
spreadsheets and small/new spreadsheets as well.

All signs point to this being an underlying memory issue, not something the
user can address with quick fixes. Considering it can lead to loss of data,
I'm pretty angry that it's gone unanswered.

-Daniel

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Daniel,

I couldn't agree with you more about being angry that this has gone
unresolved. I have been researching this issue for close to 3 weeks now and
have NOT found an answer yet.

I have tried everything under the sun to fix this issue, but still have not
found a solution. The only thing that I do know, is that OfficeSP1 does not
fix this issue.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have another message that seems to be related... And still no answers

In addition to the Not enough system resources to display completely, we are
also receiving Windows virtual memory too low - ...windows is increasing
size... Message claims it is increasing paging size but it never does - I've
deleted the paging file an re-generated in-case of corruption. Both messages
seem to started at the same time.

System is Win XP Pro with all service packs/updates
1GB RAM
Virtual Memory is set at 2048MB minimum (should be more than enough, and was
receiving this message even when windows was managing size)
Office pro 2002 (Excel) (with all updates)
Lots of free disk space
Excel spreadsheet opens just fine on other machines with no resource/memory
messages

Still receiving both messages and still searching for a solution

"KFitz" wrote:

Daniel,

I couldn't agree with you more about being angry that this has gone
unresolved. I have been researching this issue for close to 3 weeks now and
have NOT found an answer yet.

I have tried everything under the sun to fix this issue, but still have not
found a solution. The only thing that I do know, is that OfficeSP1 does not
fix this issue.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I may have stumbled upon a work around. It's been working for us for about
1-1/2 months.
In Windows XP Pro, completely delete the paging file.
Defrag the system so you have enough contiguous free space to recreate a
non-fragmented paging file at a custom size - initial 4096, max 4096 (max
allowed by Windows XP Pro) -- It sounds too simple to work but so far it is.

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RAZ RAZ is offline

The changing of the page file size to the maximum only worked for a few days
and the user got the same error again.

The way I fixed this was to repatch the users network cable on the switch to
a different port, since doing this the user only reported this issue once and
has not seen it since, and it's been nearlly 3 weeks now. Normally he would
call us every second day.

Hope this is helpfull.

Regards
Raz.

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OMG! I'm having the same problem 5 years later and looks we still have no fix or apparent solution for this!
I already tried changing the zoom (i also found this ridiculous but I'm desperate) but none of the "so called" solutions had any effect...
This is happening for me for excel 2010 windows 7. I can't believe microsoft has no solutions or at least explanation for this until now .....
My spreadsheet is not heavy. My used range is a1:s63 (very small) and the message pops some times when I click to change tabs. All tabs have the zoom set to 100%.
RIDICULOUS!

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try deleting files in windows\temp\... and also c:\users\<user\appdata\roaming\microsoft\excel\.. . (might be hidden)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dont worry sist...actually i just log off my pc...n than i open it again...n the messege has disappear...back to normal...but dont do something twice that make ur excel going error...bye2...