Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help Menu for Worksheet

Hello-

I would like to know the best way to give "help" to a user filling out a
"form" excel file. I have several fields they must fill out, but I don't want
to clutter the worksheet with "fine print" unless they ask for help.

Maybe a popup, a right-click, a comment?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

How about:

CreateObject("WScript.Shell").Popup "Goodbye!", 1, " Goodbye for 1 second! "

The "Goodbye for 1 second" appears in the title bar of the popup, "Goodbye"
appears within the body of the popup and " , 1, " is the number of seconds
for which the popup stays onscreen until it disappears. The popup also has an
OK button that the user can use to dismiss it before it disappears under its
own steam.

Hope this helps

Pete