Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disable Border and Other Format Modifications

Anyone know how to disable an excel user from changing the format of m
spreadsheet? I have some cells that are unlocked because the user mus
input in to those cells, but I do not what that person to modify th
format of anything on the sheet.

THANKS!

--
TEA
TEAM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2281

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you protect the worksheet (tools|protection|protect sheet), then that should
stop most attempts.

But if the user is copy|pasting from a difference source, then I don't think you
can stop them.

Maybe you could just reapply the format when you want--right before they save or
each time they reopen the workbook???

TEAM wrote:

Anyone know how to disable an excel user from changing the format of my
spreadsheet? I have some cells that are unlocked because the user must
input in to those cells, but I do not what that person to modify the

TEAM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22810
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=491977

--

Dave Peterson