Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Buttons and Validations Disappear

Hi,

I have a peculiar problem, when I run a macro I wrote the buttons o
the sheet disappear, some formulae turn to values and the little dro
down buttons on the cells where form validation (unde
DataValidationList) is supposed to happen disappaears too.

This happens especially when I break the code to debug etc.

The macro is quite simple, it just autofilters the sheet looking fo
matches on certain columns, and then sums up certain fields int
variables and stores the result on another sheet.

Any ideas what might be going wrong? I am getting tired of replacin
the buttons and stuff.

Thanks for the help

--
lithium8
lithium81's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2946

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I forgot to mention that I am using Excel 2000. Thanks!

--
lithium81
lithium81's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29461

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Lithium 81,
I'm probably wrong, but.....
Your buttons might temporarily disappear during the filtering if their
properties are NOT set at "Don't move or size with cells"

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I tried the suggestion, but it doesn't work, after a few days th
buttons disappeared and the more worrisome part is that a lot o
formulae turned to values. A lot of hardwork disappeared!

Can anyone help please? Thanks

--
lithium8
lithium81's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2946
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49170

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Lithium81,
Sorry to hear that.
I don't know what's happening there.
This thread's a bit old now.
Start a new topic, someone might be able to help if you supply enough
info
Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi lithium81,

A lot of hardwork disappeared!

Sorry to hear that.
I don't know how to help you.
This topic is now probably buried a bit too deeply for it to be
noticed.
Maybe start a new topic, giving as much information as possible, and
hope that an MVP can sort it out.
Ken Johnson