Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default change the characters entered in cell as a Password charactes

You could use the change event

Right click on the sheet tab and select view code. then put in code like
this:

On Error GoTo ErrHandler
If Target.Address = "$B$9" Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
sStr = Chr(34) & Application.Rept( _
"*", Len(Target.Value)) & Chr(34)
Target.NumberFormat = sStr & ";" & sStr & ";" & _
sStr & ";" & sStr
End If
ErrHandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True

Tom Ogilvy

"rajendran" wrote
in message ...

Tom,

Its displaying only one "*" for the whole word. cant we change each
character to "*" and get it vb script code.

Actually i am having a username and password (for my server )to be
typed in a cell. cant we make the same appearence as standard password
field.

Regards
Raj

--