Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel and ODBC

How to send SQL statement via ODBC using the VBA (by Excel) to the database
(Postgres). Please help :(
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

pereyra wrote:
How to send SQL statement via ODBC using the VBA (by Excel) to the
database (Postgres). Please help :(

Here's some general info on ADO

http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2...ordset-basics/

Depending on what you want to do, you may be interested in the Execute
method.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP-Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

€˛Dick Kusleika€¯ pisze:

pereyra wrote:
How to send SQL statement via ODBC using the VBA (by Excel) to the
database (Postgres). Please help :(

Here's some general info on ADO

http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2...ordset-basics/

Depending on what you want to do, you may be interested in the Execute
method.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP-Excel
www.dailydoseofexcel.com

I'm intersted in execute a SQL statement like UPDATE... or INSERT... . I
don't wont to get the results or this statement into the Excel.
I saw this metods but I coudn't find the ODBC driver for Postgres. If you
know a ODBC driver for Postgres I'll be very grateful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

pereyra wrote:
"Dick Kusleika" pisze:

pereyra wrote:
How to send SQL statement via ODBC using the VBA (by Excel) to the
database (Postgres). Please help :(

Here's some general info on ADO

http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2...ordset-basics/

Depending on what you want to do, you may be interested in the
Execute method.

I'm intersted in execute a SQL statement like UPDATE... or INSERT...
. I don't wont to get the results or this statement into the Excel.
I saw this metods but I coudn't find the ODBC driver for Postgres. If
you know a ODBC driver for Postgres I'll be very grateful.

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/....php?downloads looks
like an ODBC driver for Postgres. If you use the Execute method, you can
execute any sql statement including update and insert.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP-Excel