Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to Disable the Design mode of EXcel Sheet....

Hi,
I am new to Excel VBA. I have a Excel form on which i am having VB
buttons. I want to disable the Design mode which will be used to view
the script written for that code. I know how to Protect the script
using script editor.But my need is...

1. I want to change the cursor to Hand sympol when the cursor is over
that command button.
2. And if the user selects the design mode in the toolbar ,and double
clicks the button , opens the vb script editor. i want this to be
hidden. i want to run the code when the user clicks the button.

How to do this. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Raj

--
rajendran
rajendran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29252

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

An alternative:

Assuming that this is not same as when you say "I know how to protect", in
the VBE, right click on the VB project and select VBAProject Properties. Go
to Protetion tab, and set a password. This will prevent the user from
accessing the code.

Mangesh

"rajendran" wrote
in message ...

Hi,
I am new to Excel VBA. I have a Excel form on which i am having VB
buttons. I want to disable the Design mode which will be used to view
the script written for that code. I know how to Protect the script
using script editor.But my need is...

1. I want to change the cursor to Hand sympol when the cursor is over
that command button.
2. And if the user selects the design mode in the toolbar ,and double
clicks the button , opens the vb script editor. i want this to be
hidden. i want to run the code when the user clicks the button.

How to do this. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Raj

--
rajendran
rajendran's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=489743

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, Mangesh

Actually i Know this only. Please tell me some other soln. thanks

Raj

--
rajendran
rajendran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29252
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=489743

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you don't protect the code, users can get at it (actually they can even
if you do protect it), so any other solution is pretty meaningless.

--

HTH

RP

"rajendran" wrote in
message ...

Hi, Mangesh

Actually i Know this only. Please tell me some other soln. thanks

Raj

--
rajendran
rajendran's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=489743

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Bop.I know to protect the code. but my question is

How to make the workbook button like the one available in this
http://www.andypope.info/vba/progressmeters.zip. When we open this
workbook when place our cursor over the button it has been changed to
Hand Sympol.And also if i select the design mode and click the button ,
it wont allow me to go the design mode(ie scripting). it is executing
the code. i want to how to do this.

Thanks
Raj

--
rajendran
rajendran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29252
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=489743

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

That button is from the Forms toolbar rather than the Control toolbox
toolbar. It does not stop you from going into Design mode it's just that
Design mode has no effect on this type of button. It will also not stop
the user from going to the vb editor. Just try ATL+F11

Cheers
Andy

rajendran wrote:
Thanks Bop.I know to protect the code. but my question is

How to make the workbook button like the one available in this
http://www.andypope.info/vba/progressmeters.zip. When we open this
workbook when place our cursor over the button it has been changed to
Hand Sympol.And also if i select the design mode and click the button ,
it wont allow me to go the design mode(ie scripting). it is executing
the code. i want to how to do this.

Thanks
Raj

--