Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SaveAs with special conditions

Hello,
I want to save a copy of a master file (which I call template.xls, not.xlt)
that contains a macro, command button and cell caption (in cell C3); however,
I do not want the copy to include the macro, command button or caption. Is
there a way in VB to accomplish this? Thank you. Andy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've copied a file sans macro by copying the appropriate worksheet(s) to a
new workbook and saving the copy. You may need to explicitly delete the
button from the copied sheet before saving.
--Bruce

"Anolan" wrote:

Hello,
I want to save a copy of a master file (which I call template.xls, not.xlt)
that contains a macro, command button and cell caption (in cell C3); however,
I do not want the copy to include the macro, command button or caption. Is
there a way in VB to accomplish this? Thank you. Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chip Pearson shows how to remove code from a workbook at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

But you may want to just copy the cells and paste special values (& formats).

Or even set up a separate template that you can just paste special|values (have
the formats already done).

--

Dave Peterson