Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using condition to extract data by matching values from 2 different Excel files

hi, I work for a financial firm. Every morning I compare today's cash
file (sent from our custodian) with yesterday's to see if there is
anything different in each portfolio cash balance. Right now I'm doing
it manually checking row by row. It'll become tedious if more and more
portfolios are added. I'm looking for an effecient way I can use the
portfolio codes column (as a key) to compare with previous day's file's
and list only those portfolios if the balance column doesn't match.

Anyone can help with the code? What is most effecient, using array
loops or vlookup?

would much appreciate the help

--
schellam