Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2002 test please

Greetings,
Could someone with 2002 please run the following test:
open a new workbook and add a chart sheet. Add a macro button from the forms
toolbar to the chart sheet and assign a macro (sub MacroHello(), msgbox
"hello", End Sub). Select Chart sheet and other sheets into a group. Test to
see if MacroHello fires. Nothing happens on my machine (i'm running 2002),
but Dave Peterson doesn't see a problem when running with Excel 2003
Please advise
TIA
--
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I can replicate your findings, of form button only working with a double
click when sheets are grouped, in xl2000 and xl2003 (11.6560.6568) SP2

Cheers
Andy

"David" wrote:

Greetings,
Could someone with 2002 please run the following test:
open a new workbook and add a chart sheet. Add a macro button from the forms
toolbar to the chart sheet and assign a macro (sub MacroHello(), msgbox
"hello", End Sub). Select Chart sheet and other sheets into a group. Test to
see if MacroHello fires. Nothing happens on my machine (i'm running 2002),
but Dave Peterson doesn't see a problem when running with Excel 2003
Please advise
TIA
--
David

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Andy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

Tried it with xl2002 and it didn't work... I'll see if I try it on some
other machines today to see what happens.

"David" wrote:

Greetings,
Could someone with 2002 please run the following test:
open a new workbook and add a chart sheet. Add a macro button from the forms
toolbar to the chart sheet and assign a macro (sub MacroHello(), msgbox
"hello", End Sub). Select Chart sheet and other sheets into a group. Test to
see if MacroHello fires. Nothing happens on my machine (i'm running 2002),
but Dave Peterson doesn't see a problem when running with Excel 2003
Please advise
TIA
--
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

Double click will do it in 00,02, and 03

"David" wrote:

Thanks Andy