Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Converting excel currently in english to spanish

I'm built a spreadsheet that's currently in english. Is there a way that
when I send it to my spanish counterpart the spreadsheet automatically
converts to spanish when they open the english version?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It will be "converted" automatically; Excel stores workbooks in a
language-independent "language"
There are a few exceptions: functions from Analysis Toolpak will not be
translated and you may experience problems with literals, like formatting
codes in TEXT functions, addresses in R1C1 reference style in INDIRECT
functions, etc.
But most "normal" functions and formulas will be converted correctly.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Bernabe P" <Bernabe wrote in message
I'm built a spreadsheet that's currently in english. Is there a way that
when I send it to my spanish counterpart the spreadsheet automatically
converts to spanish when they open the english version?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Could you please be a little more specific, so that others might be
able to respond or help you resolve this issue quickly and easily.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How can I verify that it converts? I've tried to change the regional options
to spanish but it won't convert the excel file to spanish when I open the
file.

Any suggestions?

"Niek Otten" wrote:

It will be "converted" automatically; Excel stores workbooks in a
language-independent "language"
There are a few exceptions: functions from Analysis Toolpak will not be
translated and you may experience problems with literals, like formatting
codes in TEXT functions, addresses in R1C1 reference style in INDIRECT
functions, etc.
But most "normal" functions and formulas will be converted correctly.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Bernabe P" <Bernabe wrote in message
I'm built a spreadsheet that's currently in english. Is there a way that
when I send it to my spanish counterpart the spreadsheet automatically
converts to spanish when they open the english version?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For example I have the date function and would like the day to be in spanish
instead of text like Sabado instead of Saturday.

"objRobertMitchell" wrote:

Could you please be a little more specific, so that others might be
able to respond or help you resolve this issue quickly and easily.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need a Spanish version of Excel to verify that.
You can also search he

if you don't believe me

--
Kind regards,